Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How Do I Use My External Hard Drive On My Tv How Do I Use My External Hard Drive Through My Cable Box?

How do I use my external hard drive through my cable box? - how do i use my external hard drive on my tv

I would like to use my external hard drive on my TV but my TV is a little older. I thought I could go through my receiver. I have a cable Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC. It has a USB port on the front of her, but when I plug-in I do not know how to access the information on the disk. I have the hard drive to watch movies on TV before, but it was the last places that I have done that.

2 comments:

classics... said...

To do what he does not want.

What we want is a device called a WD-TV, carried out by Western Digital, you can connect a hard drive or flash drive to the media, and connect one to another HDMI input or the TV.

A number of other manufacturers of similar devices.

Stephen M said...

Following this thread, you can not.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view. ...


But the 8300, obviously has an eSATA port can be used to connect to an external hard drive.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea ...

Post a Comment